Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spooky Readings

One day away from Halloween I would like to list my top spooky reads. 


1. Beautiful Creatures by: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I know the book is at times scary to read but I choose to listen to the audio book narrated by Kevin T. Collins.  The audio book makes it ten times scarier.  The sixteen moons song is the creepiest song ever but yet I am fascinated at the same time.  There is lightning and other sound effects that help bring this book to life.

This is by far one of my favorite audio books and I strongly recommend you either read or listen to this book.  Add it to your spooky list.



2.  Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood


In the supernatural World there are super heroes or humans that act to control the supernatural.  This book is amazing and I guarantee you will not put it away until you finish. 


3.  Past Midnight by: Mara Purnhagen

Let me set the record straight. My name is Charlotte Silver and I'm not one of those paranormal-obsessed freaks you see on TV…no, those would be my parents, who have their own ghost-hunting reality show. And while I'm usually roped into the behind-the-scenes work, it turns out that I haven't gone unnoticed. Something happened on my parents' research trip in Charleston—and now I'm being stalked by some truly frightening other beings. Trying to fit into a new school and keeping my parents' creepy occupation a secret from my friends—and potential boyfriends—is hard enough without having angry spirits whispering in my ear.

All I ever wanted was to be normal, but with ghosts of my past and present colliding, now I just want to make it out of high school alive….


This story is a bit creepy and I'm sure anyone would like it.   Charlotte is being haunted and not by her parents.  This book would be a great read to add to your Halloween Spooky list.




No comments:

Post a Comment