Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Veronica Roth Answers about Divergent becoming a movie

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place her in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.


Summit Entertainment has purchased the rights to make Divergent into a movie.  In honor of Dystopian Week Hollywood Crush has interviewed Veronica.  Here is one of the answers to the Q & A.

Veronica -

You know, I think that's how I write naturally. I think we sometimes imagine what it looks like and all the surroundings —  all the things people think about when they're filming a movie, and then I just write it down, so nothing has really changed, not really. I think it would be different if they cast people while I was writing, because then I wouldn't be able to separate them in my mind but, right now, it's still all my imagination.
I think it wouldn't be terrible, but I'd rather keep them the way they are and not yet what's happening in the real world. Just what's happening in my fake world.
Veronica Roth 
 
If you would like to read more please visit  http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/divergent-movie-veronica-roth/

No comments:

Post a Comment