Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Summer I turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


Hardcover, 276 pages
Published May 5th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young ISBN - 1416968237 (ISBN13: 9781416968238)
edition language - English
original title - The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
series - Summer #1
 
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along


"He cocked hishead and said, "Something looks different about you Belly."

I braced myself for the punch line.  "What? I got contacts." I wasn't completely used to myself without hte glasses either.  My best friend Taylor had been gtrying to conive me to get cotnacts cince trh esixth grade, and I'd finally listened.

He smiled.  "It's not that.  You just look different".


What teenage girl wouldn't love to get this attention and feel pretty.  Belly is finally getting what she deserves and she has turned into a butterfly.  It is a dream come true for any girl.


"Romantic and heartbreakingly real"
-- Publishers Weekly, starred review
"This book has what every girl wants in a summer."
-- Sarah Dessen
"If I could live inside this amazing book, I would."
-- Lauren Myracle

If you would like to find out more about this author please visit Jenny Han's website http://www.dearjennyhan.com/teen.html

Tammy


6 comments:

  1. New Follower :)

    Great Teaser! I've heard great things about this series...Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower! *waves*

    Great teaser! I've seen this book around! It sounds pretty good!!
    Thanks for stopping by My TT

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I am liking it so far. You also have a new follower *winks*

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THIS SERIES SOOOO MUCH!!!! Conrad my baby!!! Awesome pick and an dan even awesome tease! :D Hope you enjoy the rest of the book! And thanks for stopping by My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds great! Awesome teaser and thanks for stopping by My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete