Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole Review

 Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole


I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

Summary of the book ...

 Reece is on her way to London to stay with her father as she usually does every summer.  She is not happy about it but she is at the airport waiting for a connecting flight when she runs into Dante.  

Immediately she feels drawn to him by his looks but to her surprise once on the plane he gives us his spacious first class seat to spend time with her.  When something unexpected happens Dante becomes Reece's savior and gets her out of the plane and away from the threat.

But Dante has a secret and something does not seem right to her....

My thoughts ...

This book was absolutely adorable and felt like a Disney fairytale.  I liked it so much I didn't even realized that I had just finished.  

Dante is amazingly interesting and I would love to read something from his point of view.  Find out what was going on that instant he first saw her.  

Even though these two are from very opposite worlds something keeps them together and love will conquer all.  Their friendship blossoms into love and magic happens.

I love the whole idea behind the the story, the young summer love that finally ends up becoming more that just that.  Blossoming into something deep and promising.  out to be more than just a fling. Dante is the dashing prince in the shinning armor that every 

Dante is a sensitive and affectionate and even though his life has been literally planned he will take a risk for his sunflower girl from Kansas.

I give this story 4 out of 5 hearts.






3 comments:

  1. Added to my to read pile! Sounds like a great book! In addition great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really going to like it it's amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I remember I got a copy of this when I spotlighted it for some tour. I knew I wanted to read it, it just looked so cute!

    I've read some other book by Courtney Cole and she definitely has a uniquely humorous writing style. I can't wait to read Dante's Girl myself!

    Ana @ BookSpark

    ReplyDelete