Saturday, August 25, 2012

Covet by Melissa Darnell Review

Covet by Melissa Darnell


Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.




A Summary of the story ...

In Crave, Savannah has to struggle with "the change"  in more ways than one.  Her body, her mind and life are constantly changing.  She is a strong girl and determines to face every threat and opportunity life has thrown at her with her head held high.

Covet is entirely different at first is heart breaking and you completely feel for Savannah. Though devastated, Savannah's will fight with her life to save Tristen's life from her coven by letting go.  But our boy is ready to fight back for their right to stay together. 

In the end, they are forced to break up and forced to attend the same school.  They are constantly watched and cruelty breaks loose from haters.  Will they turn on each other to support their clans or will they follow their hearts and stay together?

 

My thoughts ...

Covet is book two in The Clan series by Melissa Darnell. The first book was amazing and I so wanted to read this sequel.  I was disappointed with the cover of this sequel, it is not attactive at all and if you have read my Book Cover Friday posts you know that this is very important for me.  If I had seen this book on a store I would have probably kept walking which is sad.  

I wasn't disappointed with this story. Darnell as usually drags you into the story the way she describes the details help get a clear picture of what's going on.  

The story is like a vampire Romeo & Juliet.    The story is fresh, fun and powerful.  Beautifully done. I would recommend this to any YA reader. Amazing ending. I can't wait to see what happens next!

http://www.melissadarnell.com/

I give this book three out of five hearts.


1 comment:

  1. I'd heard a little bit about this novel, but not much.
    I agree with what you said about the cover - the girl is honestly kinda creepy-looking.

    A vampire Romeo & Juliet, huh? You have me intrigued!

    Ana @ BookSpark

    ReplyDelete