Monday, August 6, 2012

Lazy Monday


Latest Book 2 Movie News


I absolutely love this trend we have been witnessing recently of books inspiring movie directors.  There are so many movies coming out we need to keep a close eye on the updates and release dates.

This week we saw a bit more of the following movie adaptations:

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

And it's a wrap! Kami Garcia announced that filming has finally concluded.  We also got a sneak peak at the set viam MTV Hollywood Crush. 

The Plot:
High school student Ethan Wate meets and becomes bewitched by Lena Duchannes, a fifteen-year-old whose family has moved to the small South Carolina town where he lives. The two must confront a curse that has haunted her family for generations as she comes to grips with her powers.

Beautiful Creatures hits theaters February 13, 2012.

You can follow more closely about this movie via http://castergirls.com/the-4th-beautiful-creatures-books-makes-hollywood-crushs-list-of-2012-want-to-read/


Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
I will definitely read this book before it hits theaters.  I have to be honest a zombie love story is not very appealing.  I have close friends that have told me the story is actually good once you get over the gruesome descriptions.




Synopsis: 
After a zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims, their romance sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

he film was slated to open this August, but Summit has decided to push the release date back to February 1st, 2013, per Box Office Mojo.

You can visit the authors website here: http://www.isaacmarion.com/







Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Now I am super anxious about this one.  I recently read the book and let me tell you I was skeptical due to the mixed reviews I read in Good reads.  Can I tell you how happy I was to read this.  It's one of those books that get under your skin and into your dreams.  It was so good you have got to read it before the movie comes out.  Read my review here:http://loveyabooksforever.blogspot.com/2012/08/beautiful-disaster-by-jamie-mcguire.html


"Beautiful Disaster"  has been compared to "Fifty Shades," and is about college good-girl Abby  who falls for Travis, the bad boy on campus. The two make a bet: If Abby wins, Travis must remain abstinent for a month, but if Travis wins, Abby will live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

I don't see the resemblance between fifty shades but it is steamy as heck.  One of my favorites this year.  Warner Bros. won the bidding with  CBS Films for rights to the book.

So for now we sit tight and wait for more news on this fantastic future adaptation.

I will keep you posted on all these upcoming movies and more.

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment