Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following:          
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
 
 
 
 Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?



My Teaser:

"Should I go?" I asked.

His hand was still on my face, and his touch was impossibly soft. "You should."

I wasn't about to beg. I broke away from him and reached for the door. 

"But don't," he said, right when I touched it.
 
                                                   ***
 
Noah traced the length of my arm and held my hand.  ”We don’t have to do anything, Mara,”  he said softly as my eyes began to close.  I wanted to curl up in his voice and live there.  ”This truly is enough.”  
I had one final thought before I slipped into sleep.  

 



3 comments:

  1. I really need to start this series, I keep hearing great things!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to start this series!! And your teasers make me even more curious!!

    Thanks for sharing :D

    My TT

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete