Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett Review

Confessions of an Angry Girl

Source: NetGalley/eArc
Release Date: August 28, 2012 (pre-order your copy today)
by Louise Rozett (Goodreads Author)

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...

#1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)

From Goodreads

I was so excited to receive this ARC.  The cover is amazing and immediately drew my attention. 

This is a perfect read for teenagers currently in high school.   But I can assure you anyone can relate to the main character.  We have all been in high school and now what it feels like to have those raw and uncontrolled emotions raging.  

Rose isn't your average 14 year old.  She has just begun high school after coping with the loss of her father.  Not having enough time to grieve her loss has stirred here emotions and they are now manifesting into anger and rage that comes out through her words.

Her older brother has gone off to college and not having him has contributed to her rage.  She feels alone and frustrated and the only way she is able to vent out is in a verbal diarrhea.  

Rose has her best friends Tracy and Robert but everything is about to change when Tracy tries to climb the social ladder we are accustomed to see in high school.  This action puts a strain on their relationship and contributes in the raging anger that our main character experiences.
Rose decides to neglect the social rule and she is left alone with no support. But sometimes taking a risk for something you believe in is worth it right?

 I enjoyed this book. Rose’s journey through her raging emotions and getting used to her new school was funny and very intense at times.  I wanted her to win because I felt for her.  This is the type of book we want our youth to read because it stands for what is right.  The message behind the book is definitely empowerment.      

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend. Is 2013 here yet?

I give this book 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment